Smoked Collar of Pork With Broad Beans
- Wash the smoked collar of pork with warm water and leave to soak for a few hours in cold water, exchanging the water 2 – 3 times, then bring to the boil in the same water.
- Change the water after 20 – 30 minutes, bring back to the boil and add vegetables as if for a hot pot.
- Cooking time for an average sized collar: 1½ – 2 hours.
- Make sure the water does not boil too fast.
- Broad Beans: To get them right, the most important ingredient is savoury.
- Cut some savoury very finely. Cube one onion, and some streaky bacon.
- Brown lightly in butter, add the beans and some stock.
- Season, and add 1 table spoon of flour. Cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Before serving, add parsley and some double cream.
Ketty Thull, "Luxemburger Koch-, Back- und Dessertbuch", Editions Messagerie du Livre