Where? 6, Montée du Château, L-9710 Clervaux
Clervaux Castle is perched on the slopes of a rocky promontory above the city. Its origins date back to the 12th century, but it was built in successive stages. The oldest part, the west wing with the manor house, probably dates back to an initiative of Count Gerhard of Sponheim, the Count of Vianden’s brother.
After its entire destruction on December 17th 1944 during the Battle of the Bulge in the Second World War, the government of Luxembourg acquired the castle and restored it completely.
Since the 1970s, the castle has been home to various institutions, including several museums and exhibitions worth seeing:
The Museum of the Battle of the Bulge opened its doors in 1974, the west wing of the castle houses the Museum of models of the Castles and Palaces of Luxembourg, and in the east wing you can visit the worldwide famous photo exhibition "The Family of Man", UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Where? Montée du Château, L-9408 Vianden
Vianden Castle: An outstanding monument
Where? Schlasswee, L-9140 Bourscheid
Bourscheid Castle and Gothic manor house
Where? 6, Montée du Château, L-9712 Clervaux
Luxembourg's castles in miniature
Where? 19, Rue Principale, L-8805 Rambrouch
Where? Haaptstrooss, L-9360 Brandenbourg
Where? 1, Rue Neuve, L-9353 Bettendorf
Where? 21, Porte des Ardennes, L-9145 Erpeldange-sur-Sûre
Where? 15, Rue de Lultzhausen, L-9650 Esch-sur-Sûre
Where? 35, Rue du Château, L-9516 Wiltz