6 weekends - 6 tourist regions - great meals
Launched by the General Directorate of Tourism, "Vakanz genéissen" is an exceptional new event that is taking place for the first time in the summer of 2022.
The concept: 100 guests gather around a large dining table for a culinary “journey” in the five tourist regions and the capital city.
The six unusual locations of the table have been chosen for their fascinating landscapes, idyllic nature, cultural treasures or valuable historical heritage.
The name says it all: "Vakanz genéissen" means enjoy the holidays. Visitors can enjoy seasonal and regional specialities prepared by local chefs - in surroundings typical of the region.
Whether residents or travellers, singles of couples, friends or families: everyone is warmly invited to this welcoming get-together.
"Vakanz genéissen" invites you on a journey of discovery and taste of a different kind and promises an enjoyable time. On the corresponding weekends, it is possible to reserve a seat on Saturday evening or Sunday at lunchtime.
- Dining with a view in the Park Dräi Eechelen (23.07 + 24.07)
- A table in the forest amphitheatre (30.07 + 31.07)
- Vineyards, lakes, fun and nature at the Moselle (06.08 + 07.08)
- The long table at the Parc de l'Europe in Niederanven
- Feasting at Wiltz Castle
- Fine dining at the Hall Fondouq in Dudelange