Places, encounters, highlights: with the new VisitLuxembourg app, you can put together a travel experience in Luxembourg to suit your personal tastes.
The launch of the app is an important step for LFT when it comes to the digitalisation of this destination, and it also provides a contemporary way to communicate with visitors. The app closes the gap in communication while visitors are in the country and places the focus on actively experiencing Luxembourg.
Culture vulture, hiking fan, bike enthusiast? Create your very own travel experience tailored to your interests. A visit to a museum in the morning, lunch in a vegetarian restaurant, a tour of a castle in the afternoon and a concert in the evening...
The app provides tips and all the practical information you need to help you plan your outings and will inspire you to enjoy a range of spontaneous new experiences in Luxembourg.
What can the app offer?
- Create your personal travel experience depending on your interests.
- Find favourites, highlight them and collate them on a wishlist, including tourist sights, sightseeing tours, guided tours, local products and producers, sports facilities, gastronomy and nightlife.
- Book sightseeing tours via the app.
- Call tourist sights conveniently from the app.
- View transport routes to your destination.
- Weather reports to help you plan your day.
- Available in DE, EN, FR (app language corresponds to language used on smartphone)
The LuxembourgCard, a well-known product that has been around for several years and is now fully digital, has been absorbed into the app and can be purchased and used via the app. This means that the separate LuxembourgCard app is no longer available from app stores. Cards that have already been purchased can be integrated into the VisitLuxembourg app.
“Even though the app has now been launched, our work is far from over. On the contrary: we now need to establish the app as a personal digital travel companion while visitors are in the country and of course continue to improve it. It will be updated at the end of July to improve the tour display section and also integrate the Vëlosummer tours,” explains Dr Sebastian Reddeker, CEO of LFT. To ensure that the app and visitluxembourg.com remain a reliable source of information for visitors, LFT is counting on its partners to play an active part.
The new VisitLuxembourg app can be downloaded here: