UN FORT PAS COMME LES AUTRES
Le fort Thüngen et l‘architecture militaireDeze inhoud is helaas niet in het Nederlands beschikbaar.
Fort Thüngen was built in 1732. In 1836, and from 1859 to 1860, the fort was modernised and expanded. Today, Fort Thüngen is the only free-standing fort remaining in the area of the former Luxembourg Fortress. While some of the elevated structures have been destroyed, almost all of the underground passages of the reduit have remained intact.