This is an attractive ramble which, among others, crosses ancient opencast mining spots and passes the country’s most southern point located on the border to France. The itinerary sports four climbs and offers great panoramic views such as those in the neighbourhood of the nature reserve Haard.
Shortcuts: signposted path CFL 22a, descending from the Gaalgebierg heights to Dudelange-Centre station (6,2 km in total) or, towards the end of this path, shortcut marked CFL 22b to Dudelange-Usines station (5,8 km in total). There is also the signgposted CFL 22c path through Tétange to this city’s station (7,9 km in total).
N.B.: Few trains stop at Rumelange and Tétange stations. Alternative: bus service. Please take a close look at the timetables while planning your trip.
POINTS OF INTEREST:
- Gehaansbierg: medieval castle ruin and chapel
- Haard (198 ha), part of Haard-Hesselbierg-Staebierg, Luxembourg’s largest nature reserve (600 ha)
- Kolscheed: municipal park with several monuments
Your hiking or cycling experience.
Find, plan and track your trails using GPX files
- Download a GPX or KML application. Simply search for a GPX or KML reader in your Appstore.
- Download the GPX or KML file below with your trail information and open it with the app.
- Start your bike tour and stay on track
Distance : 10.3 Km
Difficulty : Medium
- Guided tour