Abbey of Cinqfontaines

abbey of cinqfontaines troisvierges

Favourite

Abbey of Cinqfontaines

Show favourites

Description

Photo (chapel of the abbey of Cinqfontaines): © Joseph Pham SCJ

At the beginning of the 20th century a monastery was built in Cinqfontaines. 
The small village „Fünfbrunnen“ nearby Troisvierges became generally known as the only Luxembourgian internment camp for Jews during the Second World War. From 1941, the enormous cloister became the collecting point for Jews. It was the last station before the deportation in the eastern concentration camps. In 1969 a reminiscent monument was initiated. In 1944 the American military converted the cloister to a field hospital. After the war, the monastery got back its original regulation, before it became a retreat place and meditation centre in 1973.

For information on fasting holidays in Cinqfontaines, please visit: www.fasten-im-kloster.de/kloster-fuenfbrunnen/

Click to launch google map

Address

Rue Massen
L-9907 Troisvierges
Tel.: +352 99 80 03 1
Fax: +352 99 80 03 60


Share this page