The parish church of Berdorf

kirche berdorf

Favourite

The parish church of Berdorf

Show favourites

Description

The parish church of St. John the Baptist was built in 1830 according to the plans of architect Peter Schaar from Grevenmacher and consecrated in 1847. During the Second World War, the steeple burned down after a lightning strike. A new one was built behind the nave between 1949 and 1950. It was used for many years as the water tower of Berdorf.

The most famous feature of the parish church is a big stone that shows four different Roman gods. It is used nowadays to support the altar. It used to be the pedestal of a Roman Jupiter column, edified in a Roman Villa (300 m south-western from the parish church).

Click to launch google map

Address

6, rue de Consdorf
L-6551 Berdorf
Tel.: +352 72 04 57
info@mullerthal.lu

Share this page

Favourite

The parish church of Berdorf

Show favourites

In the surrounding area

B&B Berdorfer Eck

Where : Berdorf

7 Comfortable and quiet guest rooms in the center of Berdorf. The different...

img 9879

B&B Roudenhaff

Where : Echternach

Set in a dairy farm atmosphere, these 4 lodgings for 4 to 5 persons and 5...

meyer ernzen marc & christiane bb echternach

B&B White Pearl

Where: Christnach

29, Loetsch

L-7640 Christnach

T. +352 83 66 30

whitepearl@pt.lu

www.white-pearl.lu

B&B Villa des Dames

Where: Larochette

24, rue de Medernach

L-7619 Larochette

T. +352 691 31 66 91

villadesdames@pt.lu

www.villadesdames.com