The parish church of Berdorf

kirche berdorf

Favourite

The parish church of Berdorf

Show favourites

Description

The parish church of St. John the Baptist was built in 1830 according to the plans of architect Peter Schaar from Grevenmacher and consecrated in 1847. During the Second World War, the steeple burned down after a lightning strike. A new one was built behind the nave between 1949 and 1950. It was used for many years as the water tower of Berdorf.

The most famous feature of the parish church is a big stone that shows four different Roman gods. It is used nowadays to support the altar. It used to be the pedestal of a Roman Jupiter column, edified in a Roman Villa (300 m south-western from the parish church).

Click to launch google map

Address

6, rue de Consdorf
L-6551 Berdorf
Tel.: +352 72 04 57
info@mullerthal.lu

Share this page

Favourite

The parish church of Berdorf

Show favourites

In the surrounding area

Camping car spaces Camping La Pinède

Where : Consdorf

Camping car spaces with electricity (10 x 10 m) on solid ground in Consdorf. ...

dscn0036

Quick Stop Martbusch

Where : Berdorf

The 9 beautifully furnished camping-car parking spaces are ideal for...

camping car spaces martbusch

Camping car spaces Camping Neumühle

Where: Ermsdorf

27, Reisduerferstrooss

L-9366 Ermsdorf

T. +352 87 93 91

Info@camping-neumuhle.lu

www.camping-neumuhle.lu