Type : Visits of castles, Valley of the Seven Castles
The exact time of the first castle in Septfontaines, is no longer observed. What historians know that in 1192 appeared a certain Tider as Lord of Seven Born in a document on. In 1233 presents John of Septfontaines his property under the rule of the country Princess Ermesinde.
At the beginning of the 14th century, Thomas Siebenborn, the friend and companion of Emperor Henry VII., was the lord of the manor of Septfontaines.
1600 Christoph von Criechingen built at the northern entrance a massive renaissance tower.
The castle is privately owned and not open to visitors.
Audioguide available - APP Lëtzebuerg West