Distance : 60 Km Duration : 06:35 Difficulty : Medium Crossed localities : Luxembourg, Kirchberg, Senningerberg, Ernster, Niederanven, Mensdorf, Sandweiler, Syren, Hesperange
Your hiking or cycling experience.
Find, plan and track your trails using GPX files
- Download a GPX or KML application. Simply search for a GPX or KML reader in your Appstore.
- Download the GPX or KML file below with your trail information and open it with the app.
- Start your bike tour and stay on track
Explore the region around Luxembourg City; from the funicular in the Pfaffenthal, you’ll discover the valleys of the Syre and Alzette rivers. This varied tour is just right for cyclists looking for a city feeling combined with pure nature. Modern architecture meets expansive fields and forests.
Not far from the cycle tour is the “Schlammwiss” nature reserve with its bird ringing station. It’s well worth the detour!
Even if you are travelling on roads with reduced traffic, please follow the traffic regulations and bear in mind that residents and farmers may cross your path.
● CR154 Alzingen-Syren
● CR132 Syren-Moutfort intersection
● rue de Sandweiler (Schrassig); rue Duchscher (Sandweiler)
● CR187 Uebersyren-Mensdorf
Along the “Vëlosummer” routes, cyclists can collect stickers and win great prizes. When you buy something, have a drink, eat or pay admission at one of the participating businesses, you receive a sticker. You can stick these on a collection card in the handy postcard format (available in the participating businesses). Once you’ve collected five stickers, you can enter the competition by sending in the card.