Route E: Guttland and Moselle Tour
Road section closed to motorised traffic daily from August 1 to 30
Distance : 85 Km
Start : Mondorf Christophorus / Parking Mairie
Show on map
Cycling route : 61 %
Closed road, only residents & buses : 11 %
Mixed traffic in urban areas : 14 %
Mixed traffic out of town : 14 %
Your hiking or cycling experience.
Find, plan and track your trails using GPX files
- Download a GPX or KML application. Simply search for a GPX or KML reader in your Appstore.
- Download the GPX or KML file below with your trail information and open it with the app.
- Start your bike tour and stay on track
Start / destination:
Sections closed to motorized traffic:
C149 Mondorf / Ellingen, C132 Syren-Moutfort, CR187 Mensdorf / Uebersyren
Schuttrange-Ehnen, PC4, PC5; PC3 Echternach
One tour, two regions: the Guttland and Moselle Tour combines the best of both worlds, a leisurely traverse of the entire Guttland region, completing the circuit by the banks of the picturesquely meandering Moselle. You start the 85-kilometre-long circular tour at the town hall in Mondorf-les-Bains, pass through the Schlammwiss nature reserve leading to beautiful vineyards and water views on the second half of the tour. Those who can or want to ride only a part of the route can cut the tour in half from Schuttrange and reach Ehnen directly via the local cycle track. Furthermore: the route runs for some of its length along the former “Jangeli” railway line.
Highlights along the way:
- Every Saturday in the summer there are guided tours through the Schlammwiss nature reserve, booking required.
- Enjoy the beauty of the rose garden in the grounds of Munsbach Castle.
- Enjoy a wine tasting with one of the winemakers on the Moselle and sample Luxembourg’s finest wines and crémants.