Route C: Through the Mamer and Alzette valleys
Road section closed to motorised traffic on all five weekends in August from 08:00 to 20:00.
Distance : 40 Km
Start : Gare Pfaffenthal / Parking Glacis
Show on map
Cycling route : 37 %
Closed road, only residents & buses : 31 %
Mixed traffic in urban areas : 31 %
Mixed traffic out of town : 1 %
Your hiking or cycling experience.
Find, plan and track your trails using GPX files
- Download a GPX or KML application. Simply search for a GPX or KML reader in your Appstore.
- Download the GPX or KML file below with your trail information and open it with the app.
- Start your bike tour and stay on track
Start / destination:
Pfaffenthal railway station / Glacis car park
Sections closed to motorized traffic:
CR 101 Mamer-Kopstal, Kopstal-Schoenfels, Schoenfels-Gosseldingen, CR233 Pont CFL Dommeldingen
Possible connections via:
PC12-13, PC 15 Mersch
The 40 kilometres route through the Mamer and Alzette valleys starts in the heart of the capital, crossing Luxembourg’s suburbs towards Mamer, where the remains of Roman public baths take you back centuries ago.. An idyllic and winding stretch of road then runs through the densly wooded “Direndall”, providing cool summer shade. You then leave the imposing keep of Schoenfels Castle behind, returning to Luxembourg City via the popular PC15 cycle trail by the banks of the Alzette and past lush meadows.
Highlights along the way:
- Looking for a pit stop? Then spread your picnic blanket at Thillsmillen. Right next to the river is a great place to rest and recharge your batteries.
- The walls of Mamer’s Roman public baths have been reconstructed to a height of 50 cm. Walk in the footsteps of the past.