Route B: Mamer-Keispelt-Kopstal
Road section closed to motorised traffic on all five weekends in August from 08:00 to 20:00
Distance : 27 Km
Start : Mamer Gare / Lycée Mamer
Show on map
Cycling route : 51 %
Closed road, only residents & buses : 28 %
Mixed traffic in urban areas : 20 %
Mixed traffic out of town : 1 %
Your hiking or cycling experience.
Find, plan and track your trails using GPX files
- Download a GPX or KML application. Simply search for a GPX or KML reader in your Appstore.
- Download the GPX or KML file below with your trail information and open it with the app.
- Start your bike tour and stay on track
Start / destination:
Mamer Lycée / Bahnhof Mamer
Sections closed to motorized traffic:
CR101 Kopstal-Schoenfels, Schoenfels-Mamer
PC12-13 Steinfort, PC15-Mersch
The Mamer-Keispelt-Kopstal tour is a challenge: not because of its distance, but its climb. Starting in Mamer, discover a route full of contrasts: from Kehlen, via Olm, down into Kopstal. The route also takes you to Nospelt, a little village known beyond the country’s borders as the former centre of Luxembourg’s pottery industryand site of the traditional annual “Emaischen” festival. Via Keispelt we descend into the shady Direndall (attention: bad surface and very steep descent) and via Kopstal back to Mamer.
Highlights along the way:
- Make a detour in Kehlen and visit the distillery museum to sample a delicious “Drëpp” (dram).
- Visit the pottery museum in Nospelt, which will be happy to open its doors to you upon request. Here you will find the “Péckvillercher” statues.
- Stop for a picnic en route to the “Direndall” – unwind next to the river at Thillsmillen.