Route A: VëloViaNorden: Tour through the Éislek
Road section closed to motorised traffic on August 1 to 2 and 15 to 16 from 08:00 to 20:00
Distance : 36 Km
Start : Troisvierges Gare
Show on map
Cycling route : 18 %
Closed road, only residents & buses : 68 %
Mixed traffic in urban areas : 13 %
Mixed traffic out of town : 1 %
Your hiking or cycling experience.
Find, plan and track your trails using GPX files
- Download a GPX or KML application. Simply search for a GPX or KML reader in your Appstore.
- Download the GPX or KML file below with your trail information and open it with the app.
- Start your bike tour and stay on track
Troisvierges railway station
Wilwerwiltz railway station
CR336 Weiswampach-Wilwerdingen/Troisvierges, CR335 N18 CR334 Clerf-Weiswampach, CR326 CR325 Enscheringen-Drauffelt-Clervaux
Vennbahn, PC21 Wiltz, PC22 Vianden-Echternach-Schengen
Keep the first and third weekend in August free for an excursion on two wheels through the green north of Luxembourg. The more than 30-kilometre-long VëloViaNorden route runs from Wilwerdingen/Troisvierges to Enscheringen via Weiswampach and Clervaux. Highlight for bike fans: before or after your tour you can discover the Vennbahn. An internationally award-winning cycle trail on one of the longest disused railway tracks in Europe, leading Luxembourg, Germany, and Belgium.
Highlights along the way:
- Clervaux Castle with its UNESCO Memory of the World register photography exhibition “The Family of Man” for cultural inspiration
- Two artificial lakes in Weiswampach for a cooling dip en route
- Luxembourg’s oldest water mill in Enscherange for a spot of medieval history
- The sundial at Enscherange, if you want to stand slap bang on the only point in Luxembourg where lines of latitude and longitude intersect (50°N-6°E).