Route F: VéloExpress Belval-Luxembourg
Road section closed to motorised traffic from August 1 to 30
Distance : 27 Km
Start : Gare Belval
Show on map
Cycling route : 47 %
Closed road, only residents & buses : 9 %
Mixed traffic in urban areas : 40 %
Mixed traffic out of town : 4 %
Your hiking or cycling experience.
Find, plan and track your trails using GPX files
- Download a GPX or KML application. Simply search for a GPX or KML reader in your Appstore.
- Download the GPX or KML file below with your trail information and open it with the app.
- Start your bike tour and stay on track
Belval railway station
Pfaffenthal railway station / Glacis car park
Sections closed to motorized traffic:
CR169 between Steinbrücken / Pontpierre and Leudelingen
Kockelscheuer-Hesperange, PC6 Petingen, PC1 Centre, PC15, PC2
This summer offers a glimpse of what the future has in store for travelling between the university campus in Belval and Luxembourg City: the Belval-Luxembourg cycle express pathway transports you 27 kilometres to your destination, not by car, but on two wheels and with pedal power. It starts at the railway station in Belval; the terminus is the Glacis car park in the capital. Experience the contrast between the modern city of science where your journey starts and the nature conservation areas along the route that runs through former mining areas now reclaimed by nature.
Highlights along the way:
- Before you get started, visit the former blast furnaces in Belval – accompanied by a guide you can climb to the top of blast furnace A and enjoy magnificent panoramic views.
- The nearby recreational area of Kockelscheuer is home to a scenic meadow and beautiful play areas for children.
- In Leudelingen cast your gaze upwards and admire the architecturally highly interesting and fascinating water tower.