Museum of the copper mine Stolzembourg

Type : Industry

museum of the copper mine stolzembourg outside

30%
Luxembourg
Card

Add to favorites

Description

1,5 km away from Stolzembourg, one can find the remains of a former copper-mine which is more than 500 years old. During the last centuries, the vein of ore of "Klangbaach" has attracted many investors into the village, even though it lies remote from any big industrial region.

Around 1856, 1882, 1901 and 1938, the work was considerable. The biggest problem for the miners was the water that always infiltrated the galleries and flooded it.

The geological path permits the evaluation of the remains by putting back the mining site in its historical, geological and environmental state.

During the past years, part of the underground galleries have been made accessible again to the public. 50 metres under the ground you will learn all about the hard work of copper mining.

Guided tour : 2 PM
Duration : 2-3 hours

Useful information

Opening

Guided tour : 2 PM | Duration : 2-3 hours

Services

  • Disabled access
  • Guided tour
  • Cafeteria
  • Shop

Tours & Guided Tours

30% Discount with Luxembourg Card

Luxembourg Card

Enjoy 30% discount to more than 60 museums and tourist attractions in Luxembourg.

Read more

Address

5a, rue Principale
L-9463 Stolzembourg
Tel.: +352 26 87 49 87


Share this page