Type : Visits of castles, Valley of the Seven Castles
Built from the first half of the seventeenth century as "House Forges" by Thomas Bidart, pioneer iron industry, the Grand Castle Ansembourg experienced a significant transformation in the eighteenth century, when the heirs of Thomas Bidart found themselves elevated to Baron (1728) and Earl of Marchant and Ansembourg and Count of the Holy Roman Empire (1749-1750).
The gardens were laid out in 1750 and are adorned with statues, stairs and decorative fountains in the garden style regular time.
Audio guide through the Valley of the Seven Castles available - free APP Lëtzebuerg West
The castle is not open to the public, but the gardens can be visited (a guided tour of the gardens can be booked upon request).